Friday, December 9, 2011

Guest artist -- Thatcher Keats

By Thatcher Keats
"Drunk on floor" from "DSM III (g.a.e.t.)," Thatcher Keats, All rights reserved

Take a look

The 1st pictures I saw by Thatcher Keats were flash closeups of very drunk & stoned teenagers. I got the impression from the friend who told me about him that these were taken early in his career, that he settled down some as he got older. I can see that. But the pictures are still as blunt as a whack from a hammer, even when they're tender & funny, like some of the shots in the The Kids series. I think this guy is terrific.

3 comments:

Thatcher Keats said...

Thanks for the props, bub.

gilhodges said...

Agreed. Keats is magnif. Takes one to know one, Connor.

Tim Connor said...

Thank you, Mr. Hodges.You're still a god here in Brooklyn.