Monday, May 4, 2009

Pictures on the radio?

MonsterBldgBlog
"Monster," Tim Connor, All rights reserved

wellkeptrooflineBlog
"Roof line," Tim Connor, All rights reserved

WNYC's Brian Lehrer is supposed to talk about these 2 photos & others on his radio show tomorrow at 10 AM (93.9 FM) as part of a series on NYC architecture. For the 1st show in the series Lehrer gave video cameras to prominent architects & had them go out & tape & then talk about their favorite buildings. So he's doing interesting stuff with various media that gets his show out of the studio. Here's a slideshow they did last week.

The show my pictures will be in is getting its images from a Flickr group I joined, WNYC Cityscapes. When the producer asked for my permission, I said fine, OK, but -- um -- how can you show pictures on the radio? I knew it was a question that would make any 10-year-old nerd snicker uncontrollably, but photos - on - the - radio? Well, it's for a webcast [DUH!] for those who listen to the radio on their computers. So tomorrow (today actually, Tuesday), check it out if you can.

1 comment:

Andrew Gardner said...

That's very cool.

As far as pictures on the radio goes, I know I almost never listen to a "radio" anymore, instead listen on my computer, which than means I can also view the photos in Flickr.