Thursday, October 1, 2009

"I'm tired of so much control"

Tree
"Faithless to trees," Traci Matlock and Ashley Maclean, All rights reserved

Why Traci Matlock has stopped shooting digital

"...shooting digitally gave me too many options to redo the shot, gave me too many opportunities to try again for a second shot, to make the fifth shot better, to make it perfect by ten if ten is what it took.

... But I'm tired of so much control. I want to fuck up and not be able to do anything about it. Because I will either get tired of not making better decisions (in the frame, in the exposure, in the content, whatever) or I will be satisfied with whatever image rears its head and begin looking for something new in what I left for myself. "

From The Ingoing , an artistically honest & erotically edgy blog by Traci Matlock & Ashley Maclean.

No comments: