Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Nothin but 'Blueeyes'

I've been too wiped out by day job & other must-do stuff to post much lately or even explore the web. Today a welcome email from Blueeyes Magazine busted through the overwhelm, & I'm glad it did. Blueyes is an online occasionally-monthly magazine that emphasizes the kind of in-depth project photojournalism still revered & taught in the Midwest (I know because I studied photojournalism --long ago --at the U of Minnesota; the Blueyes staff is mostly from the U of Missouri ).

The new issue contains a poetic portfolio by Landon Nordeman, described as "all back stage breaks instead of dramatic finales, " a photo essay on the Ukraine in transition by Carolyn Drake & two new ongoing features: "First Look," which highlights "upcoming photography book releases that we believe in" (1st 1st look, a 1st book, Darin's Mickey's wonderfully titled Stuff I Gotta Remember Not to Forget) & "Document," an excerpt from a new memoir about being a photojournalist (Jim Lo Scalzo's Evidence of my Existence).

Worth checking out.

1 comment:

Mary Hockenbery said...

thanks for this link Tim, excellent magazine